The requirements for degrees, diplomas and academic-credit certificates are described in the faculty and school entries. Except where the requirements of a particular degree, diploma or academic-credit certificate program specifically state otherwise, a student must:
- satisfy all the program requirements by completing studies either at UBC or elsewhere;
- satisfy at least 50% of the credits required for the program while registered in the program1; and
- for undergraduate programs, complete upper-division UBC credits to satisfy at least 50% of the credits required by point (2) above.
Second or Subsequent Undergraduate Degree, Diploma, or Academic-Credit Certificate
To complete a second or subsequent undergraduate degree, or diploma program or academic-credit certificate, a student must:
- satisfy the three requirements above; and
- complete at least as many upper-division (i.e., 300- or 400-level) credits as are normally required for that program while registered in it.
A student may enrol in a degree program more than once, provided that the program does not overlap significantly with studies for a prior degree.
1Courses taken while studying at another institution on a Senate-approved exchange program satisfy this requirement.