A visiting graduate student is one who is attending the UBC Okanagan campus to complete coursework and/or research toward the requirements of a graduate degree at the home university. To be eligible for admission as a visiting student to the UBC Okanagan campus, the student must be currently registered in a graduate program with good standing at another recognized university. Normally, students may hold visiting status at the UBC Okanagan campus for a maximum of 12 months.
- a Graduate Studies application;
- an application fee;
- one set of official transcripts from the student's current graduate program;
- evidence of English proficiency, where applicable
- individual graduate program requirements (e.g., GRE, statement of intent, research proposal, CV, etc.); and
- a letter of permission from the home university's registrar or department head confirming that the coursework and/or research undertaken at the UBC Okanagan campus while a visiting student is for the purpose of completing the graduate degree requirements at the home university.
At the recommendation of the graduate program, the Dean of the College of Graduate Studies will issue a formal offer of admission to the visiting student. Visiting students cannot use the Student Service Centre to register; they must be registered in coursework or non-credit activity (if doing research only) through the College of Graduate Studies.